- A digital image is printed on transfer paper using special sublimation transfer inks. The print is then placed on polyester or poly coated items (substrate) and then placed on a heat press until the inks turn to a gas and transfer the image onto the item.
What you need
- Your image or design on a flash drive.
- The sublimation printer uses the following file types: PNG, JPEG, SVG, PDF, PSD, EPS, and TIFF
- The item you wish to transfer your picture to:
- The library carries 11 oz coffee mugs and white photo tiles for purchase.
- You may purchase other items from suppliers online. Items must be made specifically for use with sublimation printers.
- If you wish to make a t-shirt…100% polyester is best, items that have a lower polyester content will not be as vibrant. Shirts must be a light color (white, pale blue, pale yellow, etc)
- Basic instructions on using Microsoft Publisher to design a mug are available below.
Mug paper $1.00
8 ½” x 11” $1.50
11” x 17” $2.00
Mugs and Photo Tiles $3.00
Basics of Sublimation (this is a basic informational video - we do not endorse any particular company)